Saturday, December 02, 2017

The Carpenters - Love Songs

The Carpenters compose of siblings Karen Carpenter (RIP) and Richard Carpenter is one of my favorite vocal and instrumental duo of all time.  Their soft musical style is so haunting and distinctive especially the contralto vocals of Karen Carpenter.  Some critics considers the voice of Karen as best female vocal talent in the world. I had been lucky enough that I bought this CD entitled "LOVE SONGS, Carpenters" from Saudi Arabia way back 7 years ago. This CD is the compilation of the best love songs of Carpenters during their 14 year career. All of the songs are classics such as the poignant "Solitaire", "We've Only Just Begun", "Superstar", "You're the One", "Close To You", "For All We Know", and many more. Every night I played the playlist in my laptop before I sleep. I can't help but to cry sometimes because of the angelic, haunting, so sweet, and beautiful voice of Karen Carpenter. One of my favorite song in the CD is "I Need to Be In Love". It was Karen's favorite song and I believe it told about her sad story. I always feel sad whenever I hear her beautiful voice. It was such a tragedy about Karen's death in 1983 from heart failure due to complication of anorexia nervosa. Listening to her songs over and over again, I suddenly came to realization that Karen never leave us. She never really left us because her magic is timeless. It's very hard to ignore that The Carpenters music touched many peoples lives, including me.


Love Songs - Carpenters (CD)

Richard and Karen Carpenter

No comments:

Post a Comment