Wednesday, October 08, 2008

My Eleven Fruitful Years at MEBC

Looking back the past is not as easy it may be. There are past that are memorable and will be a guiding experience and learning in our life. For this reason, I would like to remember my eleven years of work at Middle East Battery Company a remarkable and unforgettable one.

Today, October 08, 2008, I’m celebrating my 11 years of employment with Middle East Battery Company (MEBC). I was hired on 1997 and it seems it was only like yesterday I was with my family in the Philippines. Eleven years of dedication of work, patience, perseverance, and fruitful years is how I describe my existence with my present company. For eleven years of hard work, I accomplished things that needs to be done. In other words, I was able to fulfill a significant part of my goals. I
bought a parcel of land for future investment and completed to pay the house and lot I bought which I can say my very own. I had no regrets leaving my company in the Philippines because I can proudly say that I'm financially stable at this moment investing my money wisely. I know it’s not easy to work away from your family and love ones. This is the essence of sacrifice in order to uplift the condition of your economic status. I'm exultant to say that I helped and still helping my family and sending one of my nephew to school. My support to my family is unconditional and this makes me happy, contended, and fulfilled. You cannot explain the feelings inside if your intentions to do good things are sincere and wholeheartedly. Aside from these accomplishments, are experiences that I gained working in a foreign land. I had learned the culture of Saudi Arabia, its religion, the language, and most importantly the hospitality of the people in general. Working with other nationalities is a challenge for me to know their culture and traditions. Saudi Arabia is a good friend of our country and people. They welcome us to work with them and we became part of their success and development.
Eleven years seems too long for others. But for me, it was like a short period of time. If you look back and reminisce at the past, there are so many things to cherish and talk about. There are ups and downs, tears and laughter, frustrations and jubilations. This is a part of the process of moving and growing up, staying within the circle of time. I still believe that I can stay for two or three more years with MEBC, who knows. Only time can tell. For the meantime, I’m celebrating tonight my 11th anniversary going to my favorite restaurant at Al-Khobar area. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment