Saturday, March 21, 2020

6th Day of Enhanced Community Quarantine

I went out this morning to buy a branded vitamin C in the market at a popular drugstore outside our subdivision, but unfortunately the salesclerk told me that any vitamin C are out of stock. Good to see that the popular drugstore practiced strict community quarantine. People are not allowed if you are not wearing a face mask. Upon entering the store, the guard will spray alcohol on your hands. Individuals are 1 meter apart and there is a mark on the floor you need to step in order to follow social distancing. The whole counter was covered with plastic and a small square which allows you to pay and transact with the salesclerk is a very nice idea to prevent spreading or contacting any virus. All drugstore staff are wearing face mask and gloves. My second itinerary is going to the supermarket which is nearer also to our place. Upon entering, I had noticed that some items are already out of stock especially alcohol, tissues, coffee, sugar, and bread. There are some racks that are empty. I felt eerie because whenever I went to this supermarket all racks are full of grocery items. I believe people went on panic buying at the start when the government announced the "enhance community quarantine" all over Luzon.

This popular drugstore practices strict compliance with regards to 
social distancing and hygiene

Empty racks at a popular supermarket


Tissues are out stock 

People are separated 1 meter away lining up to the cashier.

My groceries for the day

No comments:

Post a Comment