Thursday, August 13, 2015

Me. I Am Mariah ... The Elusive Chanteuse

It's been a long time I haven't listen to Mariah Carey's music.  She is one of my favorite songstress with that five-octave vocal range. Although considered as one of the best selling music artists of all time,  her latest album "Me. I Am Mariah ... The Elusive Chanteuse" (released 2014) which I bought recently from Rotana was not that successful, selling only 58,000 copies on its first week of released in the US according to Billboard 200 Nielsen SoundScan and peaking only at No. 3. The album is considered an R&B one with a different kind of musical style incorporating hip hop, soul, and gospel.  After listening to the entire album on several occasion,  I believe this is one of the best album of Mariah Carey along with "The Emancipation of Mimi" and "Butterfly". My favorite songs in the album are "You're Mine (Eternal)", "Faded", "Supernatural", and "One More Try" (a cover of George Michael's song from the album Faith). It's worth listening to this album of Mariah Carey where her signature style of singing had never faded.  She is truly a diva and one of the successful singers in music history.

CD Cover of Me. I Am Mariah ... The Elusive Chanteuse

No comments:

Post a Comment